Sunday, March 2, 2008

I want my TV

So yesterday, we woke up to a crazy storm that was blowing gale-force winds and rain/snow was pouring down. Didn't have much time to worry about the house because I was responsible for my friend Christie's baby shower up in Wiesbaden 1.5 hours away and we had to get ready and go set up and cook. By the time we were 1/4 of the way there, the storm had passed and I didn't think about it. The shower was great and everyone had a great time. Big sigh of relief (until the 29th when I throw Jill's shower!) and we're 1/4 of the way home when I realized we forgot my purse out of all the 50 things we had actually remembered to reload into the van. Turn around (not an easy task on German autobahns), get it, go home, get kids in bed, get myself in bed. I remember Radley mentioning that the power had gone out at some point. Got up this morning (my turn to sleep in), and the first thing that Rad tells me is that the satellite decoder (our only link to American TV) is fried. Waaaaah!! We have to get a new one asap. How can I miss America's Next Top Model? Survivor? American Idol? Many people get up on their soapbox about how TV is poison, wasted time, blah blah blah...But for me, it's the only way I can turn off my spinning mind for an hour or two so I can get in bed and sleep not think, conjecture, worry, plan...It's my Death by Chocolate reward for making it through another work day with snot on my work outfit and fitting in a run and taking care of my kids and attending to rashes and the house and cooking dinner that no one really eats while I fold the last load of laundry for the day...I want my TV!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it back on yet??????

Odell said...

WOW. I know you must be DYING! TV is like oxygen for super coach potatoes like yoself. Ha!