Thursday, March 20, 2008

Pop up history

I've always had this intense curiousity about old buildings. If a building looks ancient--even if it's plain or ugly--I want to know it's history and the life stories that took place in it. Maybe that's why I liked art history so much because it sort of let me indulge that curiousity a bit. Tonight, on the way to K-town with the kids sleeping in the back and a moment to just look around, I noticed for the thousandth time this old, delapidated building that I've been noticing and wondering about ever since I first rode A6 to Hoppstaetden. It's being redone in some way--not knocked down. And I told Radley that I wish so much I knew the history of that old building. It seems to have this life and something in it that makes me stare at it each time I drive or ride by it. And simply the fact that's it's remained there, neglected but still standing, through all these years must mean something of its importance. So then I had this idea that maybe in the future, there might be a service where you could see an interesting place and think, "pop-up", and the history and interesting stories related to it would pop up above it like on those VH1 pop up videos :) Those are cool and funny and interesting, so if you are interested in old buildings and architechture, that would be very fun! Just an idea...I call patent!

No comments: