Saturday, March 15, 2008

Educational Debate

So Rad and I have very different opinions about where Aiden (and eventually Ava) should be educated. Rad is pro-German schools and I'm sort of pro-American (well, DoDDS). Radley simply feels that the experience of getting a German education will be unmatched by a DoDDS school experience. At least that's what I get of his arguments. I think it is hard to switch from a German school culturally and academically (I've seen it first-hand with students at my school), which he may have to do one day. Also, their vacations & holidays are largely out of synch with ours. However, I can see that the fact that he is making friends at the German school will be a major factor in the decision. I do want him to have local friends and he's making them already. I don't know...I said we'll see when we get there. He still has at least one more year of German kindergarten. He wouldn't be able to start American kindergarten until Fall 2009, so...We have a little time to decide.

2 comments:

Odell said...

They should go to an American school...in America!

Unknown said...

Yeah, in Cali!!! ;)