Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Belly dancing

So! I just took my first belly dancing class! My former landlady and her daughter invited me to the class they've been taking for a long time now, and after assurances that I did not actually have to show my belly (the horror!!), I agreed to try it out. Astrid lent me a belly dancing skirt and that was probably the funnest part of the whole deal, hearing that clang-clang-swish, but the whole event was hysterical. Natti assured me that I was doing great, but I felt like an awkward poser the whole time. It didn't matter though, because everyone seemed to be working as hard as I was to coordinate the hip shakes with the hand movements and THEN cha-cha-cha feet! I felt mildly spastic. I did break out in a sweat, so it was a workout, which is good. And it was fun! The less I concentrated, the better I did. I think I would've been hot if I'd had the champagne we had at the end, first :) So I learned some moves and afterward, we sat around and drank champagne and talked auf deutsch. Of course, there is this girl there that wants to learn English, so she was talking to me a lot, but I tried to only respond in German, so I could practice. I even was able to join in the conversation a bit and they seemed to understand my broken German, or they just very nicely smiled and nodded :) So ANYWAY...I've decided to go back for a couple months just to do something different and maybe learn more deutsch. I've even bid on my first ebay item...my pretty purple belly dancing skirt. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

shake-ah shake-ah shake-ah those hips!! wooohooo!!! :)