Sunday, September 7, 2008

Milestones

Since my last posting in July (if I have any readers to let down other than my mom...sorry folks!), we have been busy hitting milestones. Aiden has started his second year of kindergarten, now writes his name legibly, rejoined soccer and played his first game (all in the same week), ate an entire schnitzel, got in his first fight with a kid (okay, the kid pushed him down and busted his lip; they're okay now), and got his first bee sting (on the face).

Ava says several words now, most of which sound like "bumbah", which was orignially Spongebob but now includes bubble, peek-a-boo, pretzel, among other things. She has six teeth now, and more incoming. She needs to get molars soon because she will eat just about anything. Except applesauce. I am confounded that both of my children appear to be literally repulsed by applesauce of all flavors. Isn't this supposedly a childhood staple? Anyway, Ava's going to be a witch for Halloween--this her daddy and I insist on because it is oh-so-fitting. I love her to pieces, but, wow...We're in for it. Let's see...she also went through bottle withdrawl, except she still gets it at night, but that's next. She prefers a regular cup to a sippy cup so she can make more messes of course.

Rad and I are in full-swing in weight-loss/get-back-in-shape mode. I have gotten back to the point where I'm a little obsessed with running and try to do it daily. I'm running a 5K Oct. 4th for breast cancer awareness. A friend of mine just underwent a masectomy this summer, so I'll be doing it in her honor. At any rate, I'm glad to be back in the running groove and have been dropping pounds after a rather sad weight gain from fat camp (aka, visiting VaBeach), and a subsequent plateau in which I began to get very ticked that I was running my butt off but it wasn't coming off. Rad is doing spinning, Filipino martial arts, and boxing. He's just really getting started, so I'm trying to cheer him on until he gets used to the new activity level.

That's the update...I'll be better about posting humorous tidbits about Reichenbach life...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Lots going on! Good luck with the 5K - that's awesome!!

The Marlatts said...

oh thank goodness! i am so glad of the update! yall are busy people, so no-wonder it took you so long to post...you are forgiven this time, only! hug your littles for us!