Monday, July 28, 2008

Which one?

Aiden has hit that phase where every comment, statement, declaration, definition, or question I make is countered by a question from him. Such as, "Look at the river there, Aiden!" Which one? "The only giant body of flowing water 15 feet from your window." Where? Sigh... Or his other big curiousity right now: How are things made. How you make a chair, mommy? [basic explanation] Oh, How you make a airplane? [extremely basic explanation] Oh, how you make you? "God did it." As a speech-language pathologist, I should be cheering and encouraging this development in Aiden's cognitive and language development--and I try--but I'm finding I have little patience for the endless Why's and I tend to think of many smart-alec remarks in my head. I'm actually relieved when he from time to time reverts back to his know-it-all attitude: [Me to Rad] "We should leave at 4:00 cuz it'll take about 30 minutes to get there if there's no traffic..." [Aiden, interjecting into our conversation] Yeah, I know.

1 comment:

Liza said...

That boy is a GENIUS!! That's why he's asking all those ridiculous questions! C'mon Mommy! Don't you know that???? Haven't you heard me tell you that MY kids are geniuses???? That's because they used to ask those same questions and now that they're older, they ask more in depth and advanced ridiculous questions! hahahaha