Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Still rollin'

So regarding new milestones still...Aiden rode his bike a little without training wheels yesterday and I've never seen him so excited :) Fun moment. Then today, he rode with our neighbor to take her grandson--his new bestest friend, Devin--back to his house. Aiden is always too shy to go with anyone else other than Bianka and has always thrown a fit when I've tried to encourage him to go with his friends somewhere. It's okay because he's only 4, but I was happy to see he was taking more risks (safe ones). Anyway, I'm getting a kick out of Aiden and Devin. They are so cute running over to each other's houses right when they find out the other one is there. See, Devin stays with his Oma and Opa, our neighbors across the street, several times a week at least for a few hours. And he usually gets right out of the car and comes straight over here looking for Aiden. And Aiden has started asking if he can play with Devin before I have even finished the 2 min. car ride home from Bianka's. It's nice to see Aiden with a best friend who also happens to be a sweet and funny kid. I know he's funny despite the fact that I can't understand half of his German. I try to eavesdrop on their conversations, but these 4 year-olds have already passed me up in German skills. Crisis! Where's my Rosetta Stone???

No comments: