Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Running

So if you would've told me 10 years ago that I'd actually enjoy running, I'd have laughed until I was out of breath with my out-of-shape self. But now I've gotten back to the place where everyday one of the first things I think of is when I can go running. It's taken me 8 months post-Ava, but it took 1 1/2 yrs. post-Aiden! I love it because it's made losing baby-weight so easy. Not that the running is easy, but if I just run, the weight will come off surprisingly fast. I love it, too, because it's my time to meditate and just be alone with my thoughts and reconnect with God and nature. I've actually gained peace and more happiness in my life because of my conversations with God out there. And mentally, it cleanses me...It's where I run off being pissed off at co-workers or myself even. So it's been healthy for my mind, body, and soul! So I like that added dimension of myself as a "runner". Who would've thought? So, yeah, I still have a ways to go, but if I can maintain the momentum, I'll be back in my old wardrobe in time to need to buy a new one cuz it's so out of style :) Yay for Old Navy!!

No comments: