Saturday, January 26, 2008

Good ol' normal life

Rad and I went on a date last night! We went to see "I am Legend" with Will Smith. It was good, but it was one of those movies that makes you glad to return to your normal, regular ol' life afterwards...You know, he lost his family and dog and everyone in the world is dead except him...It was really interesting and intense, despite my description of it--I liked it. But anyway, at the end I said to Radley that that's one of those movies that makes you glad you've got your family and home and just regular everyday life that we usually take for granted. You know, there could be psycho-virus-ridden darkness-seakers just waiting to pounce on us and eat us alive if we step outside at night...Okay, in some places that might be reality...Ick. But back to the date! We got to the theater about an hour early and ate popcorn, had soda, and caught up. The theaters here have really nice lounges and sometimes cafe/bistros in them where you can chill, eat, get a drink. So it was nice and quiet, no bouncing between kids, just two adults relaxing on plush red velvet couches...Ahhh...But then, when the movie was done I was anxious to get the kids because I hadn't seen them all day...And now, life is back to normal :)

No comments: