Sunday, October 11, 2009

Eh.

So we went to church this foggy, cold, autumn Sunday and planned to try out our new Macaroni Grill in the new Ramstein "mall" afterwards. Honestly, my favorite part of Sundays where we actually go to church is eating lunch out as a family. So I was excited and planning to do a little shopping after eating. Anyway, so it was a good message at church on healthy families--check. Moving over to Macaroni Grill and, miracle of miracles, we walked in and got seated immediately! I think Aiden enjoyed his mondo-giant mac and cheese shells, but Ava ate like three. I ate about a third of my chicken alfredo because--well, it was good, but I don't need to eat from a trough to be satiated. And Rad's chianti steak was dry. So. There you go. Huh.

Moving on to the "mall" (always in parentheses because it's really just an oversized BX/PX/Powerzone/Shoppette with the same old vendors you typically see outside any BX/PX, but it does have an actual movie theater with a concession stand and a food court with several options, so...) We were just deflated by the task of going from one end to the other to locate what we were looking for. Ended up getting something exciting from Origins, which I've wished the BX would carry forever, so that's cool. But of course, no suit for Aiden to be the ring bearer in Reg's wedding (so that will be a mad-dash once we get to VA) and I wasn't in the mood to check out the Victoria's Secret stuff cuz I'm feeling fat, so. We headed home. And now I'm blogging about my so-so trip to Ramstein today :P Yep, I'm actually bored, I'd say!

No comments: