Saturday, January 24, 2009

Yowsers

Well, I hit the pavement today! I've been running on the treadmill at the gym since it's been so freezing cold and icy/snowy here. But this morning I wanted to go earlier before Rad had to coach another basketball game and the gym doesn't open until 10. Since it was decent and up to 30 degrees, I loaded on my cold-weather running gear and headed out! The whole farm road I run was treacherous with icy patches and my nose was running from the cold and exertion from running on real hills again. Don't let that treadmill fool you into thinking you're getting a real-life outdoor running experience. Those "hills" it throws in to keep your heartrate up are no match for the real thing! I was so exhausted after running today, I have been laid out and popping ibuprofen for my sore muscles already.

Well, I'll be heading back to the gym since it's supposed to snow again in the next couple days. But now I've reminded myself of how hard I normally push it, so I'll have to up the intensity on the ol' treadmill. I'm just glad I haven't totally quit running this winter like I have before. I definitely haven't been able to go as much as I'd like, but no worries...I'm still losing weight! My secret? Extreme stress and time deprivation. Don't feel like eating and don't have much time to anyway. Ugh. Things should be more chill in a couple weeks, though, so maybe I can get back into a more normal running schedule soon. And as soon as it is up to 45, I'm headed back out to nature so I can breathe in some clean (though frequently manure-scented) air and enjoy the views of the open country around me!

No comments: