Saturday, January 24, 2009

My talker

Ava is SUCH a girl. She's not even two yet and is already putting 3 and 4 words together--always talking. Maybe it's cuz I'm used to working with children who are language delayed, but I'm so not used to her precociousness in the language department! I get SUCH a kick out of it :) Even when she's sassy. At Chili's the other day (there's one on Ramstein Air Base), Rad was trying to get her to move back to her high chair from my lap, and she said, "NO, I sit Mommy!" I swear, I have witnesses. We all just looked at each other, like whaaaat?!? She also walks around the house looking for me and asking, "Where are you? Mama! Where are yooooooouuu?" Today, before her nap, she was entertaining herself with her Elmo doll and talking. Now, when she's saying a lot or trying to sound like a mommy/grown-up, she just babbles. And that's just cute. Unfortunately, she frequently has her nuk (pacifier) in her mouth still--she's very attached to it--and tries to talk. So I tell her, "Ava, you have to take your nuk out cuz I can't understand you." And then she takes it out and restates herself. So funny!

No comments: