Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Long time, no blog...

So wow, it's been a while...Let me catch you up here...Since I last wrote, I wrapped up work a bit early and boarded a plane with my family to VA to spend the holidays shopping, celebrating, and chillin with family and friends. Sike! I boarded a plane with my family to VA to spend the holidays nursing myself and children through two nasty, nasty viruses in a house full of sick people, celebrating whenever we got to step foot out the front door of quarantine. Yeah. So now we're back to normal life and work. Which, I make it my priority not to blog about work for a variety of reasons, but let me just say one thing...I have never wished for summer as bad as I am right now. If you only knew...But that's enough of that.

On a lighter note, we're all healthier now! Aiden is super-excited about the new police unit happening at his kindergarten and the police coming to visit them on Friday. Yeah, from a big city and everything! So they can talk about more exciting things than busting cow-tippers. And Ava seems to be jumping straight into full conversation mode from one-word utterances. I don't know how she got to the 3-word combo stage, but she can express her sassiness in a whole new way now. Though two single words are still her faves: "No" (complete with sassy half-turn) and "MINE!" (complete with witch-like screeching). Rad has been gone at "jail". Aiden now gets the joke. Everytime I tell someone that Rad's at JLS they inevitably respond, "JAIL?" Heh...Not yet. So this year, Aiden has been entertaining himself with the idea that Daddy's in jail. JLS is Junior Leadership Seminar and he runs the program that teaches budding middle-schoolers how to be better leaders for a week up at a castle-turned-youth-hostel on the Rhein. Tough gig.

Anyhoo! It's a three-day weekend coming up and you know I'm excited! Plan to get my running shoes back on and hit the rubber! Been too icy to run outside so I'm using the gym, which is actually alright for the time-being. And that reminds me, I have hit my pre-Ava weight--YAY! However, my body is still irrevocably damaged and does not look like my pre-Ava body, let alone my pre-Aiden body. Recall the infected stretch mark. Well, there are many similar humiliations I face alone in the mirror. But yay pre-Ava weight!