Saturday, October 4, 2008

Did it!


Woohoo! I ran my first 5K yesterday for breast cancer awareness. Me and my friend, Saundra, stuck together and broke the pink tape at 34 minutes! So we did a little over 11-minute miles, which is good for me! It was super-fun having all those people lined up and cheering you on! I was really just excited about the personal challenge of running a 5K without stopping, but having such general positivity and good-willed people around was a nice switch from the week I'd been having. I needed that! So it was a great experience in more than one way. Then, to cap off a great day, Rad and I drove to Luxembourg with some friends to hit up our fave Portuguese restaurant for some garlicy prawns swimming in butter (balanced with plenty of white wine) and lots of laughs with old friends. Great day!

1 comment:

Liza said...

Congratulations Girly! Great accomplishment AND a great cause! I'm so proud of you!