Tuesday, May 6, 2008

You're fired!

I'm in a quandry. I like the woman that's been cleaning my house the past few years because she really cleans, but she has a horrible habit of breaking things--and not telling me about it until I see it myself, while still taking every euro we pay her. That ticks me off. Today, I saw my soap holder was broken and I can't for the life of me figure out HOW she could break that. Like the vacuum's retractable cord that she breaks repeatedly after Rad fixes it. And she chipped my polish pottery spoon holder. Ripped a rug long time ago...I'm just tired of my stuff being broken by someone else continually. My kids don't even break that much stuff!! So, I want to fire her. But I can't bring myself to say to her, "You suck, you're fired." So, I will probably sheepishly ask for my key back under the pretense of saving money this summer while I'm off and have more time to clean. Then, just not re-hire her. And then, I actually have to resume cleaning for hours...Our bathrooms are so huge when you have to clean them! Ugh. But on the bright side, I have been feeling indulgent not ever having to clean the bathrooms (since that's her main job) and I sort of miss disinfecting and grounging out dirt myself...It's satisfying. So, commence the toilet scrubbing...

2 comments:

Liza said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You MISS cleaning???? You are NUTS girl! I already have Josh vacuuming the carpet and Tyler cleaning the bathroom sink! Now, if I could just get them to STOP PEEING ON THE FLOOR!

Andrea said...

LOL! Yeah, good luck with that. I know certain grown men who still pee on the floor ;)