Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Quitters


Well, I don't know, but Aiden might be quitting soccer after barely getting started. Radley took him a couple weeks ago and he quit half-way through. He said he was tired (which I'm sure he was) and sat down like I'd said he should do (instead of crying like last time). This is the part that chagrined Radley: He then got up and started picking flowers and running around with another little boy that'd had enough. (I'm secretly laughing about this). Then last week, we got Aiden all dressed out in his soccer outfit complete with shiny new shin guards and right after they get there, Aiden refused to play because he said he was too tired. So, Radley got him back into the van to head home. That's when Aiden decided that he wanted to go to the spielplatz (playground)! Oh, that ticked Radley off. I thought he should give the poor kid a break because he really does still need a nap by the afternoon but I gave up getting him down for a nap over a year ago. Too much drama. He gets 12 hrs. of sleep a night anyway. Whatever. So tonight...He said he just wanted to watch the other kids play because....You guessed it--he was tired. We ended up not going because he was tired and I've actually just put him to bed (6:45pm). I don't know if this is just a bad streak, or if he's really quitting. By the way, I'm over belly dancing, so...I'm quitting :)

2 comments:

Liza said...

Josh is the same way. Last Tuesday, one kid kicked the ball Josh got hit straight in the face. He came running, all bloody and crying. After I got him cleaned up, he declared that "soccer is not a fun game" and that he "wants to play tennis"!

Andrea said...

Oh no!!! I don't blame him, poor guy!!