Sunday, March 1, 2009

Spring Fever

It's been sunny and warm two days in a row now!! "Warm" meaning upper 40's/low 50's. I went running out on the farm roads yesterday for the first time since I last blogged about it and it was great. I actually missed the aroma of manure--ha ha!! Anyway, I'm so sore. But it's worth it. I've got spring fever from this weather and started trying on some skirts and capris (since I have no shorts yet) and was thrilled to find that my pre-Ava ones fit! That's the kind of motivation I need to keep the running up despite the pain :)

Today, we popped over to the Toone's place to wish Jimmy a safe trip back to the desert now that his R&R is over. We're planning on uncorking some Dom and a lamb dinner (grilled by Chef Jimmy, of course) when he gets back for good and we're looking forward to that! Jimmy is the only person who can cook lamb the way I will enjoy it. It's always good food and good friends at the Toone's place!

Now, we're getting ready to head over to the Reichenbacher Sportzplatz for some schnitzel and more good friends' company with Hans and Natti! It's been the kind of weekend that makes me also feel like spring is in the air--hanging with friends, grilling, eating, fresh air, and squeezing in a good run or two. Perfect!

No comments: