Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tarantula



There is a spider on my wall. Seriously. A tarantula. I'm going to put a pic of it up here, but it doesn't do it justice, of course. It's the size of a golf ball...a little bigger than that. It's too big to fit into the vacuum hose nicely. Normally, I can get the vacuum out, turn it on Max, stand as far away as possible, be sure not to touch the flexible part of the hose so as to not feel it bang it's way up the hose, let out a scream...and suck it up. But when they're this big...Even Radley gets squeamish about it, and he'd totally deny that, but you know...It's so big you can almost see it thinking, "Yeah, biatch...What you gonna do about me and my big, bad self? Nothing cuz you too scaaaaaaared! So I'm just gonna sit here and chill like I own this wall..." My defense...Leave the stairway light on so he doesn't finish climbing up out of the basement into the living area of the house. But that's not a sure thing...So, I'll just have to leave Radley a note (because of course he's not home to deal with this crisis) to deal with it when he gets home or he knows what kind of freakin' out he'll have to deal with from me when I find out that he let it escape and find another hiding place while I know that it's still here somewhere...Just next to my feet...Watching my every move...Planning when to creep out and--AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

2 comments:

The Marlatts said...

I don't miss those bleepin' spiders AT ALL! (but i do miss you and sympathize for your situation!)

Andrea said...

LOL Thanks for the sympathy! Miss you, too--I so hope we get to have one of our hysterical chats in person again one day soon!