Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bad Memory

I have a horrible memory. Unless I'm in an argument with Radley--then it's impeccable. Anyway, recently one of my friends put up pics of us from our college days up on her Facebook account and I was enthralled. There were bunches of us and there were so many moments I realized I'd forgotten about. But seeing the pictures just brought it all back and now I'm feeling nostalgic for my Longwood days. I tend to remember mainly my regrets. Like, I wish I'd partied harder, explored more friendships, and not bought those gastly blue suede shoes at Wal-Mart that I let my friend talk me into and I never wore. And that's a horrible thing, because really, I did have a great time and I did branch out and explore in my own way. My time at Longwood was the time I view as when I started to become the real me. I made my own mind up about my beliefs and opinions, and those are still evolving today, but that was the beginning of me realizing I didn't have to believe the same thing as those I loved and respected. I also realized, slowly, what a capable individual I am. I've come a looooooong way and it's really been a wonderful journey! So, the pictures have triggered some nostalgic introspection in me, but it's also because another Facebook friend found some of my old youth group friends and it was so cool to reconnect with them. So three cheers for friends, Facebook, and reminiscing!

No comments: