Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Soccer mom

It's official! Aiden had his first soccer practice tonight! Too bad Radley didn't get to see it (he's at JLS) because it was great! When we first got there, he ran off to the field with his friend where a few boys were calling his name. So he knows kids from kindergarten there. He surprised me by jumping right in and running the drills--passing the ball back and forth with his partner, Moritz, and then taking a shot at the goal. I've got to say, I was so proud of him for jumping in like that! They practiced drills for about 45 minutes while I watched Ava play on her blanket and chatted with the sideline folks--one of which was Bianka cuz Fabian was playing on the other side of the field. Bianka and I ended up talking most of the time, so I didn't have my full attention on the field like I wanted to. Anyway, when there was about 15 min. left, I noticed Aiden lagging behind and sticking his fingers in his mouth like he does when he's insecure. One of the coaches tried to see what was up, but when he picked him up, Aiden started crying. He was just so exhausted from his big day, kindergarten, Bianka's and playing at the playground, and then soccer practice which ran right up to his bedtime :P I felt so bad for him when I asked him if he was just so tired and needed a rest, and he cried out, "Yeah...Waaaaaaa!" Anyway, then we drove his friend Moritz home (my friend Astrid's kid) and they were in the back seat chatting away in deutsch and I was just really happy for him and amazed at how he's officially a big boy now. Back when we were potty training him, we used to always use his desire to play soccer with the big boys as motivation for getting him to go on the potty, and look at him now! It's a proud day :)

1 comment:

Liza said...

Whew! What a busy day for such a little boy!